Tuesday 18 December 2012

Crazy Colour Haul: Semi Permanent Hair Colour [Marshmallow | Pinkissimo | Hot Purple | Cyclamen]

This is just a quick post to share the quartet of bright hair dyes I received today, from Soho's Clothing.

Crazy Colour bright hair colouring dye haul and box KatSick
Crazy Colour hair dyes (100ml) retail for £3.99 each on sohos.co.uk, or you can choose to buy four for £12.99
I noticed the site was offering a 20% discount on all orders placed using a special, Christmas checkout code (now void - sorry!), and so I just couldn't resist ordering some!

With £1.95 P&P and the 20% off, I got all four bottles for just £12.34. What a bargain! I used to pay £5.99 per bottle of Crazy Colour at the Brighton Sally's store between 2006-09!

I must say I was incredibly impressed with the super-speedy delivery of this dye haul too - I placed my order at 2pm yesterday, yet it was in my hands at 10am this morning. Incredible!

I have used MANY bright hair dye brands (seriously, I've been colouring my hair wacky colours for over a decade...) and Crazy Colour is - from my experience - by no means the best. It has been a few years since I last used this dye though, and I figure maybe I'll get on with it better this time around...

I'll be sure to let you know!

Anyway, let's have a closer look at each of the colours I bought.

Marshmallow


Marshmallow Crazy Colour hair dye colouring Renbow

Crazy Colour recently added three 'pastel shades' to it extensive colour catalogue, of which 'Marshmallow' is one.

As you can see from the picture, this dye has a somewhat purple appearance. When applied to very pale blonde hair however, it apparently produces a very light pink, akin to the mane of beautiful, Pennsylvanian fashion blogger Audrey Kitching.

Audrey Kitching Marshmallow pink hair dye Crazy Colour
Audrey Kitching.
Unless I somehow manage to get my hair near-white (note to self: buy lots of peroxide!), I'm sure this dye won't do much, do to it's comparatively low saturation. I'll certainly have a hoot trying it out though.

Pinkissimo 

Pinkissimo Crazy Colour hair dye colouring Renbow

I used to use 'Pinkissimo' regularly back in the day, and as the snap above indicates, this dye gives a vivid, fuchsia result.

The dye doesn't have the same staying power as bright pinks from Special Effects or Manic Panic (meaning refreshing the colour every 10 days or so is necessary for maintenance) but it is a much cheaper option.

Cyclamen 

Cyclamen Crazy Colour hair dye colouring Renbow

The picture doesn't make it clear, but this dye is a purple-meets-pink jewel colour (I've used this before also, and it progressively lightens to pink with each wash). It the perfect midway shade between Pinkissimo and the final dye I purchased...

Hot Purple

Hot Purple Crazy Colour hair dye colouring Renbow

I've never used this shade of Crazy Colour, but it looks as if it is exactly the same as Direction's 'Plum' which I've used often in the last year. I am hoping this has a similar staying power, i.e. basically permanent!

.....

Keep an eye out for some results pics as we enter the New Year - I plain to stain my Mum's bathroom (and hopefully, my hair too) over the Christmas break ;]

/KatSick.

10 comments:

  1. Hey :) just wondering can you recommende any other dyes? I died the front of my hair purple last monday. But the hot purple didn't last to long :( Id really appreciate it , if you have any tips or could let me know how u got on thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! For purple, I REALLY recommend Direction's 'Plum' which costs around £4 a pot (88ml). The staying power is fantastic (basically permanent) and it's a Cadbury's type purple. You can find it on eBay, or a really great site called BeeUnique, which delivers orders super fast too! Hope that's helpful!

      Delete
  2. I love Crazy Colour - I used them quite a lot when I worked in a salon years ago!

    xxx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my hair salon dyed red but use crazy colour 'Fire' each week to keep my colour topped up as red fades so quick. Its the only stuff that gives me a really vibrant red shade....though they are ridiculously messy and leave my bath tub looking like a chainsaw massacre has occurred!!
    http://toxylicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Incredibly messy! I LOVE having pink bath water though ;]

      Delete
  4. hi there, i have Cyclamen dye and I really can't get it off my hands. my skin in bright pink/purple. i tried a lot of things like scrubing with soap, washing ip liquid, nail polish remover, purfume and some bath cleaner that contains bleach. it was about 2 good hours of scrubbing with lots of things. i even tried toothpaste and it's still pink. do you have any ideas how i can get it off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosaline, sorry for the slight delay in my reply - I hope you managed to get the dye off your hands!

      Obviously, even when using disposable gloves, the dye can be quite messy so I have been there! The most effective way of getting the dye off is to use a little NEAT bleach. This might sound scary, but if you allow it to sit on your skin for 10 seconds at a time only before rinsing, you won't burn your skin.

      Be VERY careful, 'cause bleach is an irritant but if you do as I say, and use a rich hand cream afterwards, the dye will lift and you won't damage your skin. X

      Delete
  5. Can you recommend a dye for blue like a dark blue i used crazy colours and i wasn't so keen ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, I've not had much experience with dark blue dye actually! I've heard great things about La Riche's 'Atlantic Blue' though - if you try it out, do let me know what you think! xx

      Delete
  6. Hi! is there flammable icon on the packaging?

    ReplyDelete